WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN ESTIMATE
At VIP Moving & Storage, we give you a comprehensive estimate on the cost of your move. For example: things like labor charges, volume, fuel surcharge, trucks, packing materials, should all be included. Make sure you agree with everything in the written estimate before you sign the moving contract.
A NON-BINDING ESTIMATE IS BENEFICIAL IF:
- You are not exactly sure of all the items you are moving ahead of the move date.
A BINDING ESTIMATE IS PREFERABLE IF:
- You want to guarantee your budget.
Whichever type of estimate you choose – and whatever mover you work with, we offer you the following helpful hints to ensure yourself a good estimate/moving experience:
Don’t just jump at the lowest price! You need to investigate the estimate to find out if it’s realistic. As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Get at least three estimates. This will allow you to make a fair, objective comparison. Be aware of the rates, surcharges, volume, or weight of the estimate.
Compare apples to apples. Break down the elements of each mover’s estimate and make a detailed, realistic comparison of the parts, as well as the whole.
GETTING AN ESTIMATE VIP MOVING & STORAGE
- You can go directly to our Get An Estimate Section and fill out our submission form for a rough estimate on-line.
- You can speak with one of our estimators and get a general estimate over the phone.
- Or you can call and set up an appointment for one of our experienced estimators to come to your home and give you a much better estimate, in writing.
OUR TOLL-FREE PHONE NUMBER IS: 1.866.888.3847
It all starts with a phone call or an inquiry online. Our moving consultants are available 7 days a week to help you determine your needs – at no cost or obligation to you. They will also assist you with any problems that arise before, during and after your move. You are not alone in this process. We are with you – every step of the way.